Roots Market, Maryland’s premier organic market, is seeking a full time Grocery Department Leader.
Employment Type: Full Time (Clarksville, MD), Hourly, non-exempt.
As a Department Leader for Roots Market, you will be responsible for assisting driving sales and balancing margin in your department(s). Below is an overview of your position and responsibilities. Please keep in mind that there will be other tasks and expectations set by the Store Leadership.
- Leads team of department team members through the well-known Roots Servant leadership model
- Sets example for world-class guest service reinforcing the guest service revamped qualities
- Organizes and ensures efficiency and accuracy of daily operations of department – such as time/temp logs, cleaning logs, and shrink logs
- Creates endcaps and displays for promotional items and other items needed that need displays
- Ensures proper signage is in place for all promotions, and other displays and satellites
- Well versed in our mission, high margin items, best sellers and sales driving
- Catapult POS activity as needed to fulfill job responsibilities
- Meets or exceeds sales targets through dynamic displays and coordination of demos and/or promotions with Buyers
- Ensures department margin target is met through strategic choices for display and promotion items
- Carefully watches department inventory to meet shrink target and minimize unnecessary waste and loss through leading the team on bay dumps and rotation of stock between sales floor and back stock
- Leads and creates a positive team environment while fulfilling all guest requests
- Provides all team members with consistent Servant Leadership that creates and cultivates happiness for each and every team member
- Provides an example of excellence through fun, professional behavior
- Provides an environment that drives growth and development and that empowers our team to never be standing still and always growing
- Values results with the team and holds the highest standards in everything we do
- Provides the highest level of communication to all company team members, and done in a respectful positive manner
- Assists Buyer in coordinating education and activities specific to department(s)
- Assists store through LOD shifts and answering department pages
Direct Reports/HR: In coordination with Store Leader, handles all HR and coaching pertaining to team members including:
- Interviews, hiring and training
- Annual Reviews
- Annual Check-ins
- Disciplinary action including separation
- Receives 360 reviews which are reviewed by Senior Leadership
Representing Roots Market
• Periodically travels to trade shows, visits and tours vendor facilities, and attends other industry events
• Maintains professional and healthy relationships with vendors at all times while ensuring that results are beneficial to Roots
Benefits Include: An employee discount at all companies within the Conscious Corner (Roots Market, Bark! Pawsitive Petfood, Nest, and Great Sage), group medical/dental and 401K.
Please submit an application using the link below.