Location: Olney, MD
Employment Type: Full Time & Part Time non-exempt
Roots Market is currently taking applications for the position of Bakeshop Team Member for our Bakery Dept in Olney, MD. This position will primarily work with guidance and direction from a Bakeshop Lead.
- Receiving/checking in deliveries and organize back stock
- Preparing fresh baked breads
- Stocking bakery products, and providing outgoing customer service
- Wash and sanitize all dishes according to Serv Safe standards
- Prepare recipes correctly and in a timely manner
- Package products according to recipe
- Coordinate with kitchen staff to ensure accurate transferring/stocking of product
- Assist in cleaning equipment, mopping floors, taking out trash, etc.
- Work collaboratively with other kitchen/bake shop staff
- Communicate effectively to Department Manager and associates
- Basic understanding of our goals in our baked goods, why we do what we do
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Previous experience in a professional bakery a plus
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Reliable transportation
- Knowledge of vegan baking is a must
We are looking for candidates who possess the following qualities:
- A passion for green living and natural health
- Impeccable reputation for reliability and timeliness
- Detail-oriented with the ability to organize
- Experience working within a team of motivated individuals
- Applicants must be able to lift 30 pounds and be willing to work with ovens.
Candidates for this position must be able to work weekend shifts. A set schedule will be created after a two week training period. The successful candidates will have advancement potential as our organization continues to grow.
Full-time benefits include an employee discount at all Conscious Corner businesses, paid vacation and sick leave, group medical/dental and 401K.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Please submit an application using the link below.