Location: Clarksville, MD
Status: Full time, hourly, non-exempt
Roots Market is seeking 3 Full Time / Part Time Front End Team Members for our Clarksville location. Front End Team Members will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service while maintaining a positive and engaging atmosphere. Assisting customers by processing purchases and providing prompt, friendly, and helpful customer service will be the keys to success and growth within the company. This position is perfect for those individuals who are organized, passionate about food and outgoing. Applicants must have a passion for green living and a strong knowledge of natural and organic foods.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to work in the Clarksville location.
- High school education preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must successfully pass Cashier Test.
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Process customer purchases promptly and accurately using correct PLU’s for produce and bulk items
- Process customer payment accurately and efficiently, in accordance with established policies
- Make change and issue receipts to customers
- Accurately ring up all items and ensure all the customers are charge appropriately
- Ensure all coupons are within date and rung up and recorded correctly.
- Call for back-up as needed to minimize wait time for customers.
- Bag customer purchases as needed
- Become familiar with Roots Market policies in order to answer customer questions. Refer unresolved questions or problems to Front End or Store Leader
- Communicate Roots Market special events to customers
- Stock items as assigned
- Keep register area in a clean and orderly condition
- Collect grocery carts from corral as needed
- Maintain a pleasant helpful relationship with customers and co-workers
- Provide prompt friendly customer service
Benefits Include: An employee discount at all companies within the Conscious Corner (Roots Market, Nest, and Great Sage). Full-time benefits include an employee discount, paid vacation and sick leave, group medical/dental and 401K.
Please submit an application using the link below.