Employment Type: Full Time, non-exempt
Roots Market is currently taking applications for the position of full time Sales and Service Department Leader. As a Sales and Service Department Leader for Roots Market, you will be responsible for assisting driving sales and leading the guest service experience. Below is an overview of your position and responsibilities. Please keep in mind that there will be other tasks and expectations set by the Store Leadership team or Kevin.
Direct reports: Team of department team members and Lead
Reports to: Store Leader
- Leads and trains a team of department team members and Leads.
- Sets example for world-class guest service.
- Organizes and ensures efficiency and accuracy of daily operations of department – such as time/temp logs, cleaning logs, and shrink logs. . .
- Well versed in the Roots Market mission.
- Ensures that Front End, Front of Store, Café and Registers are always clean and presentable to our guests.
- Regularly communicates with counterpart in other store to help fill out-of-stocks or low items before placing orders (in particular direct orders).
- Ensures that all cashiers are trained properly to limit cash handling discrepancies.
- Leads and creates a positive team environment while fulfilling all guest requests.
- Provides all team members with consistent Servant Leadership that creates and cultivates happiness for each and every team member.
- Provides an example of excellence through fun, professional behavior.
- Provides an environment that drives growth and development and that empowers our team to never be standing still and always growing.
- Values results with the team and holds the highest standards in everything we do.
- Provides the highest level of communication to all company team members, and done in a respectful positive manor.
- Assists Buyer in coordinating education and activities specific to department(s).
Direct Reports/HR: In coordination with Store Leader, handles all HR and coaching pertaining to team members including:
- Interviews, hiring and training
- Annual Reviews
- Annual Check-ins
- Disciplinary action including separation
- Receives 360 reviews which are reviewed by Senior Leadership.
Representing Roots Market
- Maintains professional and healthy relationships with vendors at all times while ensuring that results are beneficial to Roots.
Full-time benefits include an employee discount at all companies within the Conscious Corner (Roots Market, Bark! Pawsitive Petfood, Nest, and Great Sage), paid vacation and sick leave, group medical/dental and 401K.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Please submit an application using the link below.